I’m going to suggest some worthwhile causes for donations here.
- OurNHS has some suggestions to Have yourself an NHS Solstice…
- The Tor anonymity project is accepting donations.
- Homelessness charities shelter and crisis.
- PDSA need donations.
- openDemocracy are accepting donations.
- spiked are asking for donations to support “smart, bolshie, no-holds-barred journalism … to really light a rocket under illiberal miserablism next year”.
< more may appear here >
I am willing to receive anonymous donations or bequests. Bequests are ok because I can’t serve or be seen to serve somebody who is dead. It’s – of course – up to you to decide if I’m a worthy cause or not. I’m advised that used, unmarked notes are a good way to ensure anonymity.
What I’d really like is a small sailing boat – something that I can learn to sail in but that can also be sailed long distances single-handedly. A nice Hunter 19 sailing boat (like this one [25/12/13 I’ve come to realise that this is far from an ideal trailer-sailer because of that fin keel and would avoid it. Imagine trying to launch that from a launching ramp. The one in the image above is fine.]) with outboard, etc on a trailer would be ideal and not too expensive. A Hunter 19 has crossed the Atlantic. I’m sure that it could be delivered anonymously on a trailer.